(BERLIN) Berlin Lacrosse is please to announce that the 20th Annual Berlin Open Lacrosse tournament will take place again in the Stadium Lichterfelde, where the tournament has taken place the past few years. With this 20th annual event we would like to start a new tradition with a girls and boys under 16 Berlin Open Youth tournament.
Your youth team could be part of one of the oldest lacrosse tournaments in Europe. To ensure an international tournament on a high level we are inviting 20 men, 12 women teams, 4 girls and 4 boys teams and approximately 32 full-time referees from all over the world.
- The youth tournament starts on Saturday June 21st at 9:00am and ends on June 22nd at around 5:00pm.
- To sign up your team, you must bring at least 10 players.
- Please send an email to email@example.com if you wish to bring a team.
- After receiving a registration confirmation the down payment needs to be transferred within 10 days. The playing fee will be 20 EUR per player plus a referee fee of 120 EUR per team.
- We need a first down payment of 320 EUR until the 28th of February 2014. This down payment covers the costs for the minimum required team size. If you intend to bring more than 10 players, the balance will be due 4 weeks prior to the Berlin Open.
- The down payment confirms your participation and guarantees your spot in the tournament.
- In for some reason you will not be able to attend, we need your cancellation notice two months before the event, on or before April 20st 2014 at the latest. The down payment will not be refunded in we are notified after April 20st 2014, unless you find a team for replacement.
We are very sorry to have this strict rule in place, but we are financing the whole tournament in advance and are therefore very dependent on the playing and referee fees.
To keep the costs low, we have organized a gym within five minutes walking distance (500m) from the playing fields, where all youth teams can stay from Friday night until Sunday. The costs are 7 EUR per person/per night. Please bring sleeping bags and camping mats.
Breakfast will be organized with the teams who sign up for the gym. Lunch and dinner can be arranged at the restaurant at the field.
The youth players will not have access to the Berlin Open parties. We will be planning an alternative evening program.
All players will need to bring a signed copy of a parental consent and a chaperone agreement form, which will be provided after registration.
Further information on rules, playing mode and all forms will be sent after the registration has been completed.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to seeing you at the Berlin Open in 2014!
Berlin Open 2014 Contact:
Video from the 2012 Berlin Open
The Crease Monkeys were undefeated champions and Encore Brand founder John Christmas won the tournament’s MVP. More than anything, they got an unprecedented snapshot of the European lacrosse community and a chance to reach out to the youth participating abroad.
The video was shot and edited by Josh Rottman.
About the FIL
The Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) is the international governing body for men’s and women’s lacrosse. The FIL currently has 49 member nations and sanctions five World Championships (women’s and men’s field, women’s and men’s U19 field and men’s indoor.) The FIL is responsible for the governance and integrity of all forms of lacrosse and provides responsive and effective leadership to support the sports’ development throughout the world.