All content included on the FIL Sites, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video/audio clips and software, as well as the compilation of any of the foregoing (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly), are the property of FIL or its content suppliers and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the FIL Sites or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by FIL or such advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the FIL Sites, services, products or software, in whole or in part.
The content and software on the FIL Sites may be used as applicable as an information, entertainment, registration and/or shopping resource. In addition, FIL hereby authorizes you to view, copy, download, and print for personal use only any FIL-owned content on the FIL Sites. Such personal use is subject to the following conditions: (i) content may be used only for non-commercial and informational purposes, (ii) the content may not be modified, and (iii) copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices may not be removed. This permission does not extend to materials owned by FIL licensors.
FIL respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our content partners and FIL members to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been impermissibly copied or used and is accessible on the FIL Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify FIL by providing FIL’s copyright agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the work exists, for example the URL (i.e., web page address) where it is posted or the name of the magazine in which it has been published.
- Identification of the URL or other specific location of the FIL Sites where the material that you claim is infringing is located, including enough information to allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement by you, made under the penalty of perjury that the above information in your notice is correct and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. FIL’s agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the FIL site can be reached as follows:
- Stan Cockerton, President
Federation of International Lacrosse
3 Concorde Gate, Suite 306
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3C 3N7
Phone/Fax: +1 416 426 7070
Permitted Use of FIL Trademarks
FIL trademarks identify FIL products and services, and let the public know the source of those products and services. You may make comparative or other nominal fair use of our trademarks in promotional materials and in referring to our products and services (for example, in a magazine article) without our permission, provided you follow standard trademark usage practices and provide proper attribution to FIL. Other uses require written permission from FIL, and absent such express permission, you agree not to use or display the FIL trademarks in any manner. Please make such requests by e-mail to feffie.barnhill@FILacrosse.com. FIL will evaluate your request as soon as administratively possible.
Users, Subscribers, and Authorized Users/Member Nation Representatives (“Contributors”) Submissions and Content
FIL may provide inter-FIL areas on the FIL sites, in which authorized Contributors and Subscribers may post information, communications and comments subject to FIL approval. Contributors and Subscribers understand that all information (including member names or user names), data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the Contributors and Subscribers from whom such Content originated. This means that the Contributors and Subscribers, and not FIL, are entirely responsible for all Content that Contributors and Subscribers upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the FIL Sites. Even after approving Content submitted by Contributors and Subscribers, FIL does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Contributors and Subscribers -generated Content. Under no circumstances will FIL be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by Contributors and Subscribers via the FIL Sites. Contributors and Subscribers and Users further understand that the internet has no geographical boundaries, and you therefore agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside. FIL does not claim ownership of any Content submitted and/or posted by Contributors and Subscribers on any FIL Site(s). However, by submitting and/or posting any Content to the FIL Sites, Contributors and Subscribers grant FIL a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such Content. Contributors and Subscribers also permit any user to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use.
In consideration of being allowed to use the FIL inter-FIL areas and FIL Sites, Contributors and Subscribers agree not to:
- impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including impersonating an employee or consultant of FIL.
- use an inappropriate member name of any kind.
- target or harm minors in any way.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the FIL Sites.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the FIL Sites are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges.
- interfere with or disrupt the FIL Sites or servers or networks connected to the FIL Sites, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the FIL Sites.
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
- provide material support or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another; and/or
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs above.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the FIL Sites, including Contributors and Subscribers Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
You understand that the FIL Sites and software embodied within the FIL Sites may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by FIL and/or content providers who provide content to the FIL Sites. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the FIL Sites. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the FIL Sites, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
Should you choose to submit any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals (“Submissions”) to FIL through any of its media, you acknowledge and agree that: (i) your Submissions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (ii) FIL is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Submissions; (iii) FIL shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Submissions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (iv) FIL may have something similar to the Submissions already under consideration or in development; (v) your Submissions shall automatically become the property of FIL without any obligation of FIL to you; and (vi) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from FIL under any circumstances.
Links; Third Party Services; Promotional Messages
As a convenience to our Subscribers, we may provide links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under our control, and we make no representations as to the quality, suitability, functionality or legality of any sites to which we may provide links. You hereby waive any claim you might have against FIL with respect to such sites.
In addition, you may order services or merchandise through the FIL Sites from other persons not affiliated with FIL (“Seller”). For example, you may choose to register for a sporting event and purchase event-related merchandise on the FIL Sites. All matters concerning the merchandise and services desired from a Seller, including but not limited to purchase terms, payment terms, warranties, guarantees, maintenance and delivery, are solely between you and the Seller. FIL makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with regard to any goods or services provided by Sellers. You will not consider FIL, nor will FIL be construed as, a party to such transactions, whether or not FIL may have received some form of revenue or other remuneration in connection with the transaction. You agree that FIL will not be liable for any costs or damages arising out of such transactions, either directly or indirectly.
FIL and/or third parties may, from time to time, send e-mail messages to you containing advertisements, promotions, etc. FIL makes no representation or warranty with respect to the content of any such e-mail messages or any goods or services which may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that neither FIL nor such third party shall have any liability with respect thereto. You further agree to receive certain periodic communications from FIL such as newsletters, content, messages, and announcements, and that these communications are considered part of your access of the FIL Sites and services and that you may not be able to opt out of receiving such communications in every instance.
Registration and Password
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF FIL IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. FIL IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. FIL AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE INFORMATION ON THE FIL SITES OR OTHERWISE BY FIL IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT NEITHER FIL NOR ITS MEMBERS, WHILE SUCH MEMBERS ARE PARTICIPATING IN FIL, ARE ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, MEDICAL, COUNSELING OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. FIL ENCOURAGES YOU TO SEEK APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR CARE FOR ANY SITUATION OR PROBLEM WHICH YOU MAY HAVE. IN PARTICULAR, THE ACTIVITIES AND EXERCISES DESCRIBED IN TRAINING PROGRAMS AND ARTICLES ON FIL CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH. YOU MUST CONSULT WITH A LICENSED PHYSICIAN BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES DESCRIBED ON FIL.
FIL MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE FIL SITES’ SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. FIL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION IN, OR PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH, THE FIL SITES. FIL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, OR FOR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE FIL SITES IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR OWN COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.
Limitation of Liability
FIL, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF FIL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE FIL SITES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE FIL SITES; (C) USE BY YOU OF ANY TRAINING PROGRAM OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT PURCHASED THROUGH FIL; (D) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION OR PROGRAM COORDINATED BY FIL; (E) PERSONAL INJURY NOT CAUSED BY FIL’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE; (F) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (G) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE FIL SITES; OR (H) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE FIL SITES, OR FIL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. YOU AGREE THAT FIL’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ANY REASON OR CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONIES RECEIVED BY FIL FROM YOU.
Applicable Law; Consent to Jurisdiction
The FIL Sites (excluding linked sites) are controlled by FIL from its offices within the State of Delaware, United States of America. The FIL Sites can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Delaware, by accessing the FIL Sites both you and FIL agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to use of the FIL Sites.
You agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with FIL, or in any way relating to your membership or use of FIL, resides in the courts of the State of Delaware and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of Delaware in connection with any dispute including any claim involving FIL or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers. If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Federation of International Lacrosse
3 Concorde Gate, Suite 306
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3C 3N7
Phone/Fax: +1 416 426 7070