How FIL Can Help
Interested in becoming a lacrosse member nation?
The FIL can marshal a significant number of resources to assist in the development of the sport of lacrosse in your nation.
Here’s what you need to do before we commit those resources:
- Ensure that the sport is being introduced within an educational system or solid organizational structure
- A clear, unified leadership group within the nation is identified
- A Development Questionnaire (below) is completed and submitted by the developing nation
- A development plan is submitted by the developing nation and submitted to the Development Committee (the Development Committee can provide assistance, if necessary, in the preparation of your development plan)
The resources we offer include providing information, DVD’s, equipment grants, clinics, advice and guidance to native individuals and groups interested in establishing lacrosse in their country.
The first step is to submit a completed Development Questionnaire (below). Once we receive the completed form you will be contacted and introduced to the wonderful world of international lacrosse development.
We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
—The FIL Development Committee
What equipment is needed to play lacrosse?
Surprisingly, the game of lacrosse does not require much equipment to play. Here’s all you need play lacrosse:
FIELD EQUIPMENT (Men’s and/or Women’s Lacrosse)
- Flat playing surface, preferably grass, approximately the same size as a football (soccer) pitch; 100-122m long by 50-60m wide
- 2 Goals with Nets (1.83m tall by 1.83m wide)
- Lacrosse Balls
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER’S EQUIPMENT (Men’s Lacrosse)
- Men’s Lacrosse Stick (Men’s Crosse)
- Arm Guards
- Mouth Guard
- Shoulder Pads (optional)
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER’S EQUIPMENT (Women’s Lacrosse)
- Women’s Lacrosse Stick (Women’s Crosse)
- Mouth Guard
FIL can help with instructional clinics and equipment. Please complete the below forms to apply for assistance.
Please do not hesitate to contact us today.
FIL Development Contacts:
Director of Development
Box 1080 RR1
Country Club Road
Carbondale, PA 18407 USA
+1 570 222 3374
2218 Westridge Rd
Timonium, MD 21093 USA
+1 410 960 6598
Share "How FIL Can Help" via